Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How do I Install a CD player into my 99 ford Taurus?

I Just Bought a 99 ford Taurus and it has the factory am/fm radio in it, which only plays tapes! What things would i need to install a cd player. Please list everything i need. And if you know where i could get everything, Please tell.How do I Install a CD player into my 99 ford Taurus?you need a deck.

a plug for the factory wiring harness(unless you just want to snip wires)

an install kit for the dash

i just did the same thing in my buick regal and it was pretty simple

you should be able to find the install kit and plug at walmart. the plug cost me $8 and the kit was $12. so for $20 you can buy whats needed to install the deck. now you just need to buy the deck.

good luckHow do I Install a CD player into my 99 ford Taurus?Also go to Wonder How To website. It has a video on install a cd player and amps , etc.How do I Install a CD player into my 99 ford Taurus?This install is going to be more compicated than most.

What you need

1. Dash kit (that year taurus intigrates the climate controls and the radio and it comes with a harness. You HAVE to have a dash kit. They run about $80 but I bet you can get one real cheap off the internet.

2. Ford radio keys (again a have to have, other wise you won't be able to get your radio out)



To start take keys and insert in to the four holes in the dash till they click. Then pull keys out to the sides then out from the dash radio should slide out.



Then you need to take the black plug and the antenna on the harness and plug it in to the tuner box in the left side of the trunk. Run the wires up tho the dash. Then wire to the harness supplied with your new radio.



Now you need to take the factory climate control knobs of the radio you pulled out and place then on the new dash kit. ( pull off the knobs then turn over and take the screws out. Then transplant to dash kit)



Now put the radio cage in to the dash kit. Bend the tabs so its tight. Slide the radio in. Lastly slide the dash kit in to the car( don't for get to plug everything back in)How do I Install a CD player into my 99 ford Taurus?
I just changed the stereo in my '02 Taurus. I was able to get everything I needed from www.Crutchfield.com. When you are on the sight, you enter information about your car, and they will show a list of all the stereos they have that will fit. When you order a stereo it will come with the new bezel, and removal tools that you will need. Unfortunately with the Taurus, it is not just a small wire harness adapter as in most cars. You will be running a wire harness from the trunk to the stereo, that is if your car has the built in amplifier in the trunk. It will be above the left fender well covered by all the matting. Took me about three hours to install everything. I had to remove the back seat and door molding. I bought a DUAL brand stereo with HD, CD, and Bluetooth. The stereo and everything I needed cost less than $200 and it sounds great.

No comments:

Post a Comment