Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I have a Ford DVD player in my car with a DVD stuck inside. How can I get it out?

I have the rear facing, roof mounted DVD player in my 2002 Ford Focus. I put a DVD in and it won't play nor will it eject. I would like to get it out. The DVD player is the type where the DVD slides in. Please tell me how I can get DVD out.I have a Ford DVD player in my car with a DVD stuck inside. How can I get it out?I got a CD stuck in my old Ford Escape CD player . . . the slide in type. It was a Christmas CD I had made, so it was the last thing I wanted to listen to all year long.

I finally got eye level with the player, used a flashlight and took very thin, long skinny pliers from a Brookstone tool kit (the kind that comes with the more delicate, smaller tools) . . . and I was able to grab the edge of the CD and just pull it right out. No harm was done to the player.

I never put that particular CD in the player again. I have had the most trouble with home burned CDs. I am sure you could stop by any place that installs car DVD players and ask for their help in removing your DVD too, maybe even try your Ford dealer.

Other good suggestion in involving a putty knife and tape:
http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-a-Stuck-CD鈥?/a>

Also try ehow.com or mydigitallife.com for other suggestions

Good luck!I have a Ford DVD player in my car with a DVD stuck inside. How can I get it out?try to eject the entire system...

from there or if you can not eject the entire system look for screws...

open it up and look for the actual dvd/cd player in it...

unscrew that and you should see the dvd inside...

hope i helped!I have a Ford DVD player in my car with a DVD stuck inside. How can I get it out?In all the CD and DVD players that I have seen there is a little hole somewhere under the drive tray. That's where you push in a thin wire (paperclip) and the drive will open.

Pulling on the drive tray or using a screwdriver is right out. That will do nothing except break the device.

No comments:

Post a Comment