Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How do I tighten the handbrake on a N reg Ford Fiesta?

I have an N reg Ford Fiesta, Does anyone know how to tighten the handbrake cable?How do I tighten the handbrake on a N reg Ford Fiesta?All fiestas suffer hand brake probs, i expect the handbrake lever and self adjuster have seized in rear drums, so slacken cables first , strip out rear brakes , copperslip and re assemble ( do one side at a time so you can see how it goes back together) also grease rear bearings, then adjust cables . Haynes manual will help!How do I tighten the handbrake on a N reg Ford Fiesta?First raise the reas wheels and hand adjust the rear brakes, the access the handle and there are two cables that have nits on them. tighten the nuts while the brake is pulled until it holds the car. I bet just hand adjusting the rear brakes will be fine.How do I tighten the handbrake on a N reg Ford Fiesta?Engage hand brake, then start car and back up.

Do several times and cable will tighten.

No comments:

Post a Comment