Monday, January 30, 2012

Can I play soccer if I have fluid and swelling around and under my kneecap?

I hurt my knee on May 15th by sliding into Home Plate. My foot caught the catchers foot at the same time and got jammed. I took a few days off from softball and my knee felt fine. At my next game I was in right field and leaned to my left to catch a grounder when my feet were planted on the ground and my knee completely gave out and made a loud popping sound. I was barley able to walk. I went to the ER and had X-Rays done. Nothing was found, except there was a lot of swelling and bruising so I was put into a knee immobilizer. I had an MRI at the beginning of June and their was just a lot of fluid under my knee cap. I took it easy on my knee, but when I ran for the first time in a month and a half, my knee gave out once again. I was wearing my knee brace again and have been taking it easy since. I am able to run now, but my physical therapist said i would not be able to play soccer this year. It was been a month since i was told that, and now i am having no trouble with walking at all and my knee feels fine. There is still some swelling though. Would i be able to play soccer if there is still some swelling around and under my knee cap?Can I play soccer if I have fluid and swelling around and under my kneecap?
You should just take it easy and rest for the remaining of the year. The chances for your knee to suffer from another trauma during the soccer game are very high. As a result, it will bring you closer to the risk of developing Degenerative Joint Disease.



Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment