Thursday, January 26, 2012

Same knee pain for three years now after accident?

About 3 years ago, I fell on my left knee while running, and I landed with all my weight on my knee. My knee has never been the same since then. Every time I walk upstairs, or bend my knee without stopping, I feel pressure at the bottom of my knee cap, and I hear and feel popping. Also, when I walk, I have major pressure and pain deep in the middle of my knee, and at the bottom of my knee cap. I also get pain at the top inside of my thigh, that makes me have to stop walking and rest for awhile. I use to be very active, but now I can't get through a volleyball game without having to rest my knee. I have a baker cyst in my knee, but the doctor said that the cyst isn't the cause of my pain. I have searched the internet endlessly, and I haven't found an answer for my knee problem yet. I have been to multiple orthopedic surgeons, and they have all said different things. One said it's puberty and growing pain, and another said I was born with this, which doesn't make sense because this pain never happened before my accident. Does this problem sound familiar to you? I would like to put an end to this mystery, and understand what is actually going on with my knee. Thanks!Same knee pain for three years now after accident?
Since this happened after a hard fall I would suspect you may have torn something in your knee. I would go to the doctor and tell them you want a MRI. A X-ray will only show the bone. A MRI will show soft tissue as well. If something is torn the MRI in most cases will show it. Good Luck.Same knee pain for three years now after accident?
When you fell on your knee the tendon for the muscle for your kneecap tightened up pulling the kneecap up on and into the knee to make it hard and painful to bend your knee. This can be released to get rid of the pain but is difficult to do and should be done by one trained to do so. Did want you to know what it was at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment