Monday, January 30, 2012

I got injured on my knee from an awkward tackle while playing soccer to my lateral collateral and ACL.?

Hi all!

This is in fact my 1st time using this yahoo answers and i hope i can get some helpful answers. on the 15th of march i had a soccer game and got injured on my knee. it was more like my opponent put all his weight on the inside of my knee/upper leg while it was planted into the ground,this then caused the the ligaments on the outside of my knee to give way because of the pressure. the pain was unbearable for someone like me who has played soccer all his life and been hurt before. i did not however hear any popping sounds. i live in kenya and have played in the division one league since the beginning of the year and hoped to go pro seeing as am only 18,by far the youngest and most promising player that my club has. i went to the hospital that evening,with no ice or anything applied. the hospitals in kenya are far from good. i was given crutches and some gel to rub on my knee. nothing more. i then later that week under went x-ray which didn't show much but a slight fracture on the inside of my knee. about a week after my injury,still nothing but some gel,no ice or elevation as i was not advised to do so, i went and saw yet another doctor after getting my MRI done. he said that the results showed that there was a partial tear in my LCL(lateral collateral ligament) and so too with the ACL(anterior cruciate ligament) two days later i underwent arsoscopy surgery whereby the surgeon cut the partially torn bits of the ligament(30%) and left the rest(70%).he then said the ACL was not in as bad a shape as he had thought,and so he left it be. i wonder and would be thankful for any feedback as to whether that 70% of my LCL left can heal itself and be strong enough to support my soccer in the future at hopefully the highest level. the doctor seems to think so. my muscles also shrunk a tremendous amount in my thigh and my calf. through physiotherapy,i have managed to slowly re-build the muscles. i have now reached full range of motion but however when i attempt to walk normally without any sort of limp,the knee locks,this is extremely painful. i have now gotten a phobia of walking because every time i try to do so i end up in pain from the locking.my knee is still somewhat swollen,yet it is coming down and my knee cap is starting to show more. i can also cycle perfectly without any problems

my main questions are:

1)DID MY SURGEON DO THE CORRECT JOB?(Here in Africa,who can i trust surgeons get surgery from money.

2)WILL I BE ABLE TO PLAY SOCCER AGAIN THE WAY THAT I USED TO?

3)WHAT NOW?

4)WHEN DOES MY KNEE STOP LOCKING?

5)AM I JUST BEING PARANOID?

6)WILL MY LIGAMENTS GROW BACK FROM THAT 70% t0 100% AS THE DOCTOR SAID?



ALL ANSWERS WILL BE VALUED,I'M REALLY IN NEED OF ANSWERS



THANK YOU ALLI got injured on my knee from an awkward tackle while playing soccer to my lateral collateral and ACL.?
You need to be asking these questions of your doctor as s/he is the only one who actually knows what is going on. If you are unsure about the job the surgeon did then you should find another doctor and have that one confirm that it was the correct procedure for your condition. The rest of what you are asking (being able to play soccer again, knee locking, ligaments growing back) can only be answered by your doctor - not anyone here on YA as these are all just people's opinions.I got injured on my knee from an awkward tackle while playing soccer to my lateral collateral and ACL.?
punk

itdddddddddddd

No comments:

Post a Comment