Thursday, January 26, 2012

How long do you figure I'll be on crutches? (Also rehab)? How bad is my injury?

So I went and ripped my knee all apart in a soccer game... on my Birthday (yaaay me..). This happened on July 2nd. Basically it was a knee on knee contact where my knee completely separated from the rest of my knee (popped out, not just knee cap.). Thankfully i was born with spaces and gaps in my knee allowing me approx. 20% extra flexibility/ range of motion. (To the point where the surgeon thought me left knee was also slightly dis-attached upon examination)



Okay, I had surgery on my knee on August 18th, because I completely tore my LCL (lateral collateral ligament) apart and it had to be completely reconstructed with cadaver ligaments. While during the double arthroscopic, the surgeon found my lateral meniscus (knee cartilage) had been completely torn off and dis-attached. This was also repaired. During all this the outer side of my leg had to be cut open to move a nerve out of the way, then put back into place, so about a 6-8 inch incision.



I have to keep my brace and bandages etc. on 24/7; I woke up with them on after surgery. I'm on pain meds (percocet) and have been on crutches since. Personally from all I've heard, I expect to be on crutches until early October-November at least. Then I have to go through at least 6 months rehabilitation...



Anybody have their own opinion on how long I'll be on crutches?



And anybody who has gone through knee rehabilitation what's it like?How long do you figure I'll be on crutches? (Also rehab)? How bad is my injury?
It will be atleast 8-10 wks n long as 12-20 wks it depends on the person n complaction that come up . Every one heals diffrent the doctor know's bestHow long do you figure I'll be on crutches? (Also rehab)? How bad is my injury?
I had ACL surgery and was on crutches for only 3 weeks so probably about as long as I was. The ACL is the major stabilizing ligament in the knee which connects the tibia to the fibula. It will be about 6-8 months recovery and athletic has a huge advantage as your muscles are stronger. I went back to competitive soccer at 7 months.How long do you figure I'll be on crutches? (Also rehab)? How bad is my injury?
You should visit a knee expert and let it check every time. You can also visit this site, they offer knee pain treatment that might help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment