Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fallout 3 Broken Steel DLC not loading after beating the main storyline?

I've had this problem with both the 360 version and the PC version with the latest game updates. My problem is that sometimes after I beat the main quest and get the end scene it will just play the credits and go to the main menu. I've tried going in to start the purifier myself, sending the girl in, and sending Fawkes in and I still got the same problem. I had the DLC when I started the game I'm playing now. When I got out of vault 101 it popped up saying the level cap has been raised to 30 along with the other dlc notifications. I haven't even started any of the other addons which I think might be causing broken steel not to start. I'll test this tomorrow and post the results in the additional details. Also the broken steel.esm is checked in the data files thing in the launcher. If anybody knows how to fix this I will LOVE you.Fallout 3 Broken Steel DLC not loading after beating the main storyline?
I don't see why the other DLC's would affect it - none of them rely on each other to work, and even so, Broken Steel came out first.

And it clearly recognizes that it's there.. o:



Do the other DLCs at least work? They might just be "out of sync". I've had that problem, not as badly as you, but similar

Also, where is Broken Steel.esm checked? Like, what number is it? It should be between 01-05, because sometimes if you have mods that are checked to load before it, it won't work right. That would only solve the PC problem, though o:





[also, I'm gonna have to edit in a longer answer later, possibly with more questions, lol. I just wanted to answer now so I could come back without digging through questions~]Fallout 3 Broken Steel DLC not loading after beating the main storyline?
Its not a problem with any of the add-ons. Unfortunately its the way the game was made. as soon as you complete the last main quest, thats it... done. you cant play anymore. your only options are to start again... or to revert to an earlier save point, play the add-ons, then when your ready finish the main quest to finish the game completely.
  • new album releases
  • ski doo
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment