Monday, January 30, 2012

What is the Toyota equivalent of the Ford Raptor?

I'm wondering what would Toyota Tundra would be most like the Ford Raptor and the Dodge Powerwagon. I know Toyota has their TRD Off Road and TRD Rock Warrior. I'm looking for the truck that is better to go mudding in.What is the Toyota equivalent of the Ford Raptor?I've never seen any of these mudding, but my friend happens to have a Raptor and it wasn't all that good mudding. But I would recommend the regular F150, I know they are better than the Raptor.What is the Toyota equivalent of the Ford Raptor?There really is no Toyota equivalent to the Ford Raptor. The Ford Raptor is really in a world all it's own when it's compared to other stock production trucks. The Raptor is more of a high-speed desert off-road, where as the Dodge Power Wagon is more of go anywhere work truck. I have really know idea what a Tundra Rock Warrior was meant for. From what I understand there is really no difference between a stock Tundra and a Tundra Rock Warrior just some different shocks and styling features, it's not really a specialized off-road tuck. The Raptor and Power Wagon have several off-road upgrades from their stock counter parts. The Power Wagon comes stock with a lift, electronic self-disconnecting sway-bar setup, three locking differentials, and a winch.The only problem with the Power Wagon it's a little underpowered in my opinion, with the 5.7L they should have made it available in a Diesel. The Ford Raptor is about 6 inches wider than a normal F-150, it has different suspension and shocks, skid plates for both font and back, and the new 6.2L engine.



But why would you want a full size truck for mudding, an older Tacoma, Ranger, or Wrangler with a lift kit and bigger tire would be much better for mudding. Full size trucks are normally to heavy to go in the real mud. But if you had to choose between the three for mudding, I would pick the Dodge Power Wagon; best ground clearance of the three. Toyota Tundra is notorious for bed wobble, I really wouldn't want that in a truck I intend to use off-road.



The only stock truck that's similar to the Ford Raptor is the Bowler Nemesis, not really a truck, not really stock. It's a supped up Range Rover, but with a price tag of $244,000 it's really in it's own world too.What is the Toyota equivalent of the Ford Raptor?Toyota has nothing that will work nearly as well so just stick with the Ford.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment