Thursday, January 26, 2012

Knee popping and slight heat?

I was playing with my 150 pound Saint Bernard last weeken in the yard when she started to get excited and run around the house at full speed. She does this often....they are like short bursts of pure adrenaline. Anyway, normally she'll only come so close so I have to pretend to chase her like a game of tag, but I mistakenly took a wrong step just as she did, and 150 pounds of pure speed like a freight train barreled right into my knee. It was enough force to send to the ground, and I felt the pain immediately. I couldn't even stand up for about 30 seconds, and the pain was terrible. Once I was up, though, I could limp on it a little bit. I thought it was just a bruise and that it was fine and would go away immediately, but I limped on it all day and then for three days straight. After the three days, the pain went away, and I thought that was the end of it. Well, a couple days ago, I was at a friends house climbing the stairs and the pain came back. I only felt it when climbing the stairs, and it was hard to get up or down them. This time I went to see my doctor and he checked it and told me to ice it and rest it, ect and that it would be fine. Well, just yesterday I was feeding my horses and my dog did it again!! (She gets so excited, but her weight and size makes her destructive...) So she plowed into me again on the same knee. It wasn't as hard as last time, but it made it hurt much more. Today, I can hardly walk on it, and I can't bend my leg. Also, when I put my hand on my knee cap and move my leg, I can feel it popping and moving under my touch. I don't want to be a baby and have to go back into the doctor just to have him tell me the same thing, but it never popped/moved before. Could she have knocked it out of place? I can't kneel down or use stairs cuz it hurts too much. Also, there's a little bit of heat in it. At this very moment, I'm walking on it better, and it doesn't hurt as much to walk....I'm sure it will come back, but I don't know...Knee popping and slight heat?
Consider the job your knees do every day - they support your body weight and bend with every step, move, jump you take.



I injured my knee through overworking it one night - it hurt for three days, I couldn't extend it completely, but the pain would show up intermittently and wasn't steady all the time. Turns out, I had what's called a plica - it's a band of scar tissue that you're either born prone to, or not, and once it's inflamed it usually needs to be removed.



Going back to the doctor doesn't make you a baby - it makes you smart. They're trained, and degree'd in that sort of thing and the longer you wait, the worse it could get. Go to your doctor and ask for a referral to an orthopedic doctor, aka a joint doctor.



Get it checked out, take x-rays and MRIs if you have to - I had a simple scope surgery in May and I'm back to my regular workout now in July. It's worth checking out, and worth repairing. I hope it gets better, knee injuries are major and can make even things you thought were simple difficult. :(



Hope you get better!Knee popping and slight heat?
Chances the muscle under the knee cap is bruised. And when your dog ran into you again it was bruised even more. Just take it easy. Just beware, the bruise (without re-injuring) takes a long time to heal. So you might be in pain for a while. And the pain will feel better, but a simple twist will remind you that it's still hurt.



With the re-injuring, it will take longer. Just take pain killers and put a knee brace (ace bandage) on it. That helps.
  • traffic school
  • north carolina dmv
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment